Responsibilities under the general guidance of the International Project Manager and National Team Leader and/or the direct supervision of the Office Manager, the Intern will make an important contribution to the work of the ‘cooperative training and support to companies’ project implemented by GOPA Worldwide Consultants. Activities may change according to the needs of the project, but typical tasks include the following:
- Support administrative project management tasks related to implementation, plans, budgets, and documentations.
- Compile, process and analyse information and data on project related information.
- Ensure information requested on the project is presented accurately and on time.
- Assist in handling incoming internal and external ad hoc requests on the project.
- Support planning and coordination of project workshops and events.
- Organise and ensure administrative preparations for meetings are made, and if requested, attend meetings, and do the needful.
- Assist with capturing monitoring, evaluation and learning data.
- Carry out research or summarise information on the project and present findings.
- Liaise effectively with all levels of internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Ensure a professional and consultative approach to all tasks is maintained.
- Carry out other tasks as required.
Skills and competencies
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Actively seeks to improves services; offers new and different options to address shortcomings; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things. To qualify for an internship, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have graduated with a university degree.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals which include the willingness to understand and to be tolerant to other opinions and views.
- No working experience is required yet life experience is needed.
- Your knowledge, skills, and willingness to learn and apply should benefit the project during your internship.